Wednesday

Fresh Fettucini Pasta with Sausage, Spinach and Mushroom

 First an apology for posting so late, second an apology for the fresh linguine intro...
I KNOW how daunting making pasta is BUT once you do it 2 to 3 times, you are LIBERATED!

When I was 28 I married for the first time and for my wedding shower, my wonderful mother-in-law bought me the best thing ever; a Kitchen Aid mixer! About a year ago my mom bought me a pasta attachment for the Kitchen Aid and WALLA - a fantastic discovery: fresh pasta!!!

Fresh store bought pasta is very expensive in my book, especially with the way my guys eat, and having had amazing pasta in Italy, I always imagined myself to be whipping up this fantastically light, flavorful delight!

Also  I feel the domestic goddess coming through and a bit of Nigella Lawson at her best!
If you can't do fresh pasta for whatever reason, no one would judge you for it and dried pasta is a happy and fabulous substitute!


Serves 8 (1 portion per person so be prepared to have desert and an apology!)

 Ingredients

Making fresh pasta in a mixer
3 1/2 cups bread flour
1tsp sea salt
4 large eggs
1 tbs cold water
1 to 2 Tsp of olive oil

* Sieve flour and salt into the mixing bowl, add eggs and water and oil, mix with paddle attachment for 2 minutes on 4 or 5 speed , then switch to the hook and mix until the dough forms , about 4 minutes on 6 or 7 speed.. hand fold for  a while until the dough is springy.. about 4 minutes..

* Put pasta attachment on and make pasta  sheets according to directions

* Put on fettucini attachment and due according to direction

* Leave aside to dry  until adding to water


Ingredients - See above as well as the following:


* 2 cups fresh Parmesan cheese
* 1 pound of ground/minced sausage browned and put aside until later
* 1 container of sliced mushrooms
* 4 oz of frozen spinach
* 4 minced garlic cloves
* 2 cups chicken broth
* 2 tsp olive oil
* 1 TBS of butter
* Sea salt
* Fresh ground pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon of cracked red pepper
* 2 pounds of fresh or dried fettucini


Prepare

* Make the pasta if applicable, put large pot on to boil with a splash of olive oil and dash of sea salt

* Brown the sausage, put aside

* Using the same saute pan, put in mushrooms and splash of olive oil on 1 TBS butter , brown the mushrooms adding a bit of salt and pepper

* Add 1 cup of broth and 2 cups of frozen spinach

* Simmer for 5 minutes

* Turn heat off of mixture and allow to sit for 5 minutes

* When big pot is boiling put fresh past in and allow to cook until pasta comes up to surface

* Drain pasta and add to large pot with all the sauteed yumminess

* Cover and let sit for 5 minutes

* Serve with generous amount of Parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of red pepper flake if you want....

Wine Suggestion- Chianti

No comments:

Serving sizes and this sight.....

As many of you have come to realize, I am usually making huge amounts of food and alot of times for more than just my family. However, I would be horrified to think that someone who was living alone, or with only a couple people in their home would feel discouraged about this..
Simply use division for most of these recipes if they are too big. With the exception of baking, which requires a fair amount of science, these recipes can be adjusted and modified with ease! And if you feel stuck, either leave me a comment or email me and I will try to respond to you as soon as I can.
Thanks fellow foodies, hope you eat something yummy today and enjoy the fact that you didn't spend lots of money at a high end restaurant!

Enjoy! I love to hear from you all!

Rebecca Turrigiano

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails