Tuesday

Zeppole's/Pizza Frites are little bites of heaven!

At this time of year the family comes together and our food bill goes crazy!
I have a family that LOVES to eat, and I, in turn,am fed by feeding them.
Now hear me clearly...I am not adverse to a restaurant or fast food, if and when the occasion deems... but the expressions and countenance that my friends and family have when they realise I have taken the time to make something fresh, and on some occasions by scratch, are what make me most happy and content.
People feel SO loved.
My goal with this web site is always to encourage people to eat like kings on a budget that doesn't cost like one.
This next recipe is great for this time of year when people are over and needing something to pop in their mouths and also a fantastic substitute for doughnuts.

I hope you all enjoy them!




Makes 3 dozen


Ingredients

1 large, fresh pizza dough (enough to make 2 large pizza's)
3 Cups of vegetable oil
4 cups of granulated sugar
2 Cups of Powdered sugar
Paper Bag

Prepare

Fresh Pizza dough made with my bread maker
Logs and cutting them into small sizes to be rolled


Golden Brown
* Take your dough, either homemade or store bought, and cut it into 4 long logs
* Heat your oil up to a very hot temperature, like 375 degrees
* Put your sugar into a brown paper bag
* Roll the pizza dough into balls
* Add your dough into the hot oil and fry until golden brown
* Drain them either on a rack like the one shown above or on paper towels
* Add the balls to the brown bag of sugar and shake them around until coated


Enjoy these hot!!!!!!

PIZZA DOUGH IS EASY TO MAKE IN A BREAD MAKER AND CAN ALSO BE FROZEN FOR FUTURE USES!


No comments:

Serving sizes and this sight.....

As many of you have come to realize, I am usually making huge amounts of food and alot of times for more than just my family. However, I would be horrified to think that someone who was living alone, or with only a couple people in their home would feel discouraged about this..
Simply use division for most of these recipes if they are too big. With the exception of baking, which requires a fair amount of science, these recipes can be adjusted and modified with ease! And if you feel stuck, either leave me a comment or email me and I will try to respond to you as soon as I can.
Thanks fellow foodies, hope you eat something yummy today and enjoy the fact that you didn't spend lots of money at a high end restaurant!

Enjoy! I love to hear from you all!

Rebecca Turrigiano

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails