Sunday

Deluxe Bagel with Cream Cheese and Lox

When I was pregnant with my oldest son, I went to Miami to join friends for New Years Eve.
Very often  in the modeling world, you can  extend a nice holiday if you are in a good modeling market. You see, you can sign up with an agency and work, making up some of your out of pocket traveling expenses and sometimes even having earned enough to save up  for the  next market until you start working there too.
It was wonderful to be able to be on the ocean for those first months of pregnancy and I really enjoyed my time there.
While I was there, I came upon this next 'recipe'. A deluxe version of Bagels and cream cheese. It is something I crave every few months, and because of that I know someone else will either be reminded of this lovely tasting breakfast sandwich, or turned on to it for the first time...I think it would be a fun brunch item too and super easy as there is no cooking involved unless you make your bagels.





Ingredients

1 Bagel per person ( I like everything bagels or salt bagels)
Thinly sliced Lox, about 4 oz per person
Shredded red leaf lettuce
Capers
Red Onion thinly sliced
Slight squeeze of lemon
Cracked black pepper
Butter


Prepare

* Toast and butter your bagel
* Add your cream cheese
* Dot lots or a few capers in the cream cheese, helps them not roll off!
* Add Lox, squeeze a touch of lemon and some pepper
* Add your onion and lettuce


*Also try adding avocado, alfalfa sprouts and tomato slices 

Wine Suggestion- Sparkling Reisling

No comments:

Serving sizes and this sight.....

As many of you have come to realize, I am usually making huge amounts of food and alot of times for more than just my family. However, I would be horrified to think that someone who was living alone, or with only a couple people in their home would feel discouraged about this..
Simply use division for most of these recipes if they are too big. With the exception of baking, which requires a fair amount of science, these recipes can be adjusted and modified with ease! And if you feel stuck, either leave me a comment or email me and I will try to respond to you as soon as I can.
Thanks fellow foodies, hope you eat something yummy today and enjoy the fact that you didn't spend lots of money at a high end restaurant!

Enjoy! I love to hear from you all!

Rebecca Turrigiano

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails