Thursday

Egg's and Toast with a Twist

I was pregnant in Miami, modeling in 1991 and enjoying lovely weather and the ocean.
I initially lived with my dear friend Lauren, who also introduced me to Spaghetti ala Carbonara ( see recipe under Italian)....  she felt the urge to feed me and my growing baby, so she would make this for me..
Shocking to think of models eating I know, but anyone I ever liked did , enjoyed it and had really good taste!!
  It is one of those dishes you can make when you are fancying something easy on your own at home and I have also served it to guests.... I usually make fresh bread the night before so it is really yummy, but store made bread works well too!



Serves 1 or more


Ingredients

1 piece of bread per serving
2 eggs per serving
1 generous pat of butter
Handful of shredded cheese ( We just love sharp cheddar!)
Ketchup if desired or brown sauce, etc....
Salt and Pepper to taste


Prepare


* Cut out a circle in the middle of your bread slice and  reserve it
* Heat up your butter in a pan and when it is melted place your bread in it, along with the cut out piece and flip it to coat both sides
* Crack your eggs in the center of the bread and let them cook for about 2 minutes flipping it carefully after the 2 minutes
* Sprinkle with cheese and cover with a lid and carry on cooking another 2 or so minutes( more if you don't care for runny yolks!!!!
* Serve with a little ketchup or brown sauce, and salt and pepper to taste! ( Be sure you place the cut out on the plate too, it is good for the yolk!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a simple idea! I love eggs and toast, and this is a perfect way to keep the egg intact! love you! ma

Anonymous said...

I make this dish all the time for my kids and they love it. After reading your recipe, I added the cheese and ketchup. YUMMY! My girls now love it even more. It's the lunch they always ask for. :) Thanks for sharing a great way to make an old favorite even yummier!
♥ Donna Grady

Serving sizes and this sight.....

As many of you have come to realize, I am usually making huge amounts of food and alot of times for more than just my family. However, I would be horrified to think that someone who was living alone, or with only a couple people in their home would feel discouraged about this..
Simply use division for most of these recipes if they are too big. With the exception of baking, which requires a fair amount of science, these recipes can be adjusted and modified with ease! And if you feel stuck, either leave me a comment or email me and I will try to respond to you as soon as I can.
Thanks fellow foodies, hope you eat something yummy today and enjoy the fact that you didn't spend lots of money at a high end restaurant!

Enjoy! I love to hear from you all!

Rebecca Turrigiano

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails