Monday

Cheese and Crackers with Style

Do you remember the VERY first thing you ever made for yourself?
I mean the moment when you had total control over what you put in your mouth?
Was it something you had eaten before and tried to replicate or was it simply a culinary creation that you were inspired to try?
I know that even though I only use them in a few select situations (because of the effect they have on nutritional components in food) one of my firsts was in our microwave.
Cheese and Crackers.
Still one of my favorite comfort foods and something that my children surround my plate to eat with me when the realize I have made it!
So on a slow day you can enjoy this on a personal level or for a few people. You can use any cracker and any cheese.. add things or be old school plain. If you don't have a microwave use your broiler for a few minutes!

Serves 1




Ingredients

Crackers
Cheddar Cheese sliced according to cracker size
Avocado diced
Imitation Crab Meat cut into inch pieces
Chili Powder
Cumin
Sea Salt

Prepare

* Place about 12 crackers on a large dinner plate
* Cut cheese according to the size of your crackers
* Add your crab meat
* Put in microwave on high until the cheese melts, about 1 minute
* Take out of microwave and add a piece or two of avocado, and a sprinkle of your seasonings


Try adding
Black Olives
Lunch meat
Cream cheese
Spring onion
Salsa
Beans


Try
Rice crackers
Brie Cheese

No comments:

Serving sizes and this sight.....

As many of you have come to realize, I am usually making huge amounts of food and alot of times for more than just my family. However, I would be horrified to think that someone who was living alone, or with only a couple people in their home would feel discouraged about this..
Simply use division for most of these recipes if they are too big. With the exception of baking, which requires a fair amount of science, these recipes can be adjusted and modified with ease! And if you feel stuck, either leave me a comment or email me and I will try to respond to you as soon as I can.
Thanks fellow foodies, hope you eat something yummy today and enjoy the fact that you didn't spend lots of money at a high end restaurant!

Enjoy! I love to hear from you all!

Rebecca Turrigiano

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails