Monday

Pasta with Cream Sauce

I lived in Milan, Italy for quite awhile. It was there that I really became a model, the clients were a bit friendlier than the clients in Paris, that or I had a little more experience so wasn't so awkward... I was a miserable model when I first started and was lucky to work at all. Italians had a way about them that I loved. Very passionate in their expressions and patient with me in my nalvete.
I would often have to cook, not really knowing what I was doing.. but obviously in Italy one has a plethora of things to choose from when cooking. I came home one night with heavy cream, fresh ravioli, and "Invented" my own version of a cream sauce...I fed it to a few friends who assured me any Italian Momma would be proud!

This dish has Shrimp, Peas and Ham or Bacon and is my son Noah's absolute favorite. You can also substitute chicken if you don't like shrimp...

I used fettuccine and ham for this dish
Serves 4 to 6


Ingredients

2 pounds of fresh or dried pasta ... any kind you could even use tortellini or Ravioli!!!!!
1 pound of shrimp
2 cups frozen or fresh peas
2 pints of heavy cream
12 pieces of bacon cooked and crumbled or ham diced into small cubes
1 or 2 cloves of garlic minced
1/2 stick of butter
2 Tbs olive oil
1 cup fresh grated Parmesan
White pepper
Sea Salt
Italian Seasoning
Italian Bread
Arugula Salad


Prepare

* Boil your water for the pasta, cook pasta until al dente or still firm
* In a VERY large sauce pan, cook your bacon
* In the same pan with a little of the bacon fat, and on medium high heat, saute your  garlic and add 1/2 stick of butter and about 1 tsp of Italian seasoning
* If adding ham and not bacon add a splash of olive oil to your pan and than saute your garlic and add your Italian seasoning and 1/2 stick of butter
* Add your shrimp and peas and stir for about 2 minutes
* Slowly add your cream and 1/2 cup of cheese to the pan, turn your temperature to low and allow it to simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally
* Add about 1 tsp of white pepper
* Turn mixture off and cover while your pasta is cooking
* Drain your pasta and add it to your pan, if your pan isn't big enough to allow you to mix it up , add your sauce to your pasta in your pot that you boiled the pasta in
* Stir all together and add the rest of your cheese, giving it one final stir
* Serve with some garlic bread and a very simple arugula salad

No comments:

Serving sizes and this sight.....

As many of you have come to realize, I am usually making huge amounts of food and alot of times for more than just my family. However, I would be horrified to think that someone who was living alone, or with only a couple people in their home would feel discouraged about this..
Simply use division for most of these recipes if they are too big. With the exception of baking, which requires a fair amount of science, these recipes can be adjusted and modified with ease! And if you feel stuck, either leave me a comment or email me and I will try to respond to you as soon as I can.
Thanks fellow foodies, hope you eat something yummy today and enjoy the fact that you didn't spend lots of money at a high end restaurant!

Enjoy! I love to hear from you all!

Rebecca Turrigiano

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails