Wednesday

Chicken Afritada

My cousin Donna and her husband Mark have been kind enough to share another DELICIOUS Filipino recipe with us... I love the dishes I have had from the Philippines because they are flavorful and satisfying like so many of the comfort foods I gravitate towards... I would love to go someday because what I also know is that the Filipino's are very passionate about their families and food is a big part of that, just up my ally!!!! Enjoy everyone!

Serves 6

Ingredients
12 Chicken Drumsticks or better yet leg and thigh
5 potatoes peeled and halved
1 diced onion
1 or 2 heads minced garlic
1 red and 1 green bell pepper sliced in strips
1 cup tomato sauce
2 cups chicken stock or broth
2 tablespoons patis (fish sauce) Note: this ingredient makes the dish
3 tablespoons cooking oil

Prepare
*In a large pot or wok, heat oil. 
*Sautée garlic and onions. 
*Brown chicken.   
*Pour on tomato sauce, fish sauce and  stock.  Bring to a boil and allow to simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is almost cooked. 
*Add the potatoes and continue to cook for 10 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
*Add the peppers and simmer for an additional couple of minutes.
*Salt and pepper to taste.  (You can add flour or cornstarch to thicken sauce , like a tsp at a time)
*Serve over rice

Yummy! And  so inexpensive!

Wine Suggestion- Zweigelt

No comments:

Serving sizes and this sight.....

As many of you have come to realize, I am usually making huge amounts of food and alot of times for more than just my family. However, I would be horrified to think that someone who was living alone, or with only a couple people in their home would feel discouraged about this..
Simply use division for most of these recipes if they are too big. With the exception of baking, which requires a fair amount of science, these recipes can be adjusted and modified with ease! And if you feel stuck, either leave me a comment or email me and I will try to respond to you as soon as I can.
Thanks fellow foodies, hope you eat something yummy today and enjoy the fact that you didn't spend lots of money at a high end restaurant!

Enjoy! I love to hear from you all!

Rebecca Turrigiano

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails