Wednesday

Not Your Momma's Salad!

  I have had so many fantastic conversations with people about why I am doing this sight!!
 Aside from the financial reasons and my love of all foods from around the world.. my next motive and drive is feeding my family and my own body, fresh, nutritious life giving food.

If and when you are detoxing or trying to lose a few pounds because of the other yummy food you eat, this is sure to delight your taste buds, and give your body an extra protein kick that is also very Gluten free/ Vegetarian friendly for you.





Serves 2

Ingredients

Hand full of Red Leaf Lettuce
Bunch of Baby Spinach
Firm Tofu
1/2 Can of red kidney beans drained and rinsed
1 Carrot cut into thin slices
1 Avocado diced
4 grape tomatoes cut in quarters
5 mushrooms wiped and sliced
1/4 of a red onion finely sliced
2 oz or so of cheese ( I like cheddar ) cubed
Olive Oil
Balsamic Vinegar
Sea Salt
Pepper



Prepare

 * In a saute pan add a splash of olive oil and heat to mid- high
* Drain your tofu and pat dry with a paper towel
* Cut your Tofu in half horizontally
* Pat dry again
* Add your Tofu to the pan add a splash of balsamic and cover with a lid
* Let it brown for 4 minutes, uncover and flip over
* Add more balsamic and olive oil
* After the other side has lightly browned, remove and put on a cutting board
* When cool cub the tofu
*Rinse and tear all your lettuce and spinach, pat dry and place on your plates
* Add the mushrooms
* Add your onion
* Add your avocado
* Add your tomatoes
* Add your carrot
* Add your Tofu
* Add your cheese
* Dress your salad with a splash of olive oil, balsamic and salt and pepper ( Try crushed red pepper for a kick! )

No comments:

Serving sizes and this sight.....

As many of you have come to realize, I am usually making huge amounts of food and alot of times for more than just my family. However, I would be horrified to think that someone who was living alone, or with only a couple people in their home would feel discouraged about this..
Simply use division for most of these recipes if they are too big. With the exception of baking, which requires a fair amount of science, these recipes can be adjusted and modified with ease! And if you feel stuck, either leave me a comment or email me and I will try to respond to you as soon as I can.
Thanks fellow foodies, hope you eat something yummy today and enjoy the fact that you didn't spend lots of money at a high end restaurant!

Enjoy! I love to hear from you all!

Rebecca Turrigiano

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails