Tuesday

Skillet Steak with Mashed Potatoes, Sauteed Mushrooms & Carrots

SOOOOOOOOOOOO............
When I did my weekly food shop I challenged myself to go very minimal and to not go over a certain price range with the items I was buying.
This meant my menu shopping mentality... which I do on occasion to save my mind the brain from going into the dreaded "melt down phenomena" (which more than likely brought YOU here to this web site!) had to be left behind.

I found a few really incredible deals,  one of which was the skirt steak that I have here today. It isn't skirt steak though. Don't be annoyed with me, I forgot to write down the name of the cut. They were fairly thin and about 6 inches all around circumference wise.

My big guys had a bad day. The van broke down in 114 degree weather, and when they got home I knew they would need happy belly food.
I always have potatoes on hand because I LOVE them, and some kind of veg, fresh or frozen... my shop led to the mushrooms.. the rest is history...
Grumpy bug was gone and everyone went to bed happy!



Feeds 6


Ingredients

 8 Small Steaks
1 small pint of  brown mushrooms wiped down and sliced
1 onion thinly sliced
1 small package of baby carrots
4 large potatoes peeled and quartered
1 cup of Milk
Half a stick of butter
3 tsp dried  rosemary
2 Tbs Herbs De Provence
2 tsp sea salt
1tsp of black pepper
 3 Tbs olive oil

Prepare 

* Take  your beef out of the fridge and unwrap. Place on the counter and allow to go room temperature, about 30 minutes, sprinkle both sides with Herbs De Provence, salt and a tiny drizzle of olive oil
* Boil your water for your potatoes, and when boiling put your potatoes in until tender, about 15 minutes, drain, put 5 TBS of butter in, milk and cover
* In a medium saute pan over medium heat, melt 2 tbs of butter and 1 tsp of olive oil
* Throw your mushrooms and onions and rosemary, salt and pepper in pan and saute until light golden, turn off heat and set aside
* In a small pan bring water and a pinch of salt to a boil and throw your carrots in for about 4 minutes, drain, cover and set aside
* In a cast iron skillet that is HOT put your meat in and allow to cook 4 minutes on each side leaving alone while it cooks on each side, meat will be medium
*Mash your potatoes and add sea salt and pepper as desired
* Dress your plate with your yummy food and enjoy !!



No comments:

Serving sizes and this sight.....

As many of you have come to realize, I am usually making huge amounts of food and alot of times for more than just my family. However, I would be horrified to think that someone who was living alone, or with only a couple people in their home would feel discouraged about this..
Simply use division for most of these recipes if they are too big. With the exception of baking, which requires a fair amount of science, these recipes can be adjusted and modified with ease! And if you feel stuck, either leave me a comment or email me and I will try to respond to you as soon as I can.
Thanks fellow foodies, hope you eat something yummy today and enjoy the fact that you didn't spend lots of money at a high end restaurant!

Enjoy! I love to hear from you all!

Rebecca Turrigiano

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails