Tuesday

Fresh Pasta

Now hear me out..
Don't throw the baby out with the bath water!!!
Fresh home made pasta is not only a million times easier than anyone thinks, but more delicious than just about anything in the world too.
I have a Kitchen Aid Pasta attachment that I use. You can also buy the hand crank type. It matters only that the end results produces delicious, inexpensive culinary delights!!! I spend all of 10 minutes throwing the dough together, and another 15 making it into sheets, and then strips of pasta. Please give this one a go, you WILL NOT be sorry! 





Making fresh pasta with a pasta maker/mixer

3 1/2 cups bread flour
1tsp sea salt
4 large eggs
1 tbs cold water
1 to 2 Tsp of olive oil if your flour is dry

* Sieve flour and salt into the mixing bowl, add eggs and water and oil, mix with paddle attachment for 2 minutes on 4 or 5 speed , then switch to the hook and mix until the dough forms , about 4 minutes on 6 or 7 speed.. hand fold for a while until the dough is springy.. about 4 minutes.. then cover with plastic wrap and let sit at least 30 minutes..

* Put pasta attachment on and make pasta sheets according to directions

* Put on fettuccine attachment and due according to direction

* Leave aside to dry until adding to boiling, salted water

No comments:

Serving sizes and this sight.....

As many of you have come to realize, I am usually making huge amounts of food and alot of times for more than just my family. However, I would be horrified to think that someone who was living alone, or with only a couple people in their home would feel discouraged about this..
Simply use division for most of these recipes if they are too big. With the exception of baking, which requires a fair amount of science, these recipes can be adjusted and modified with ease! And if you feel stuck, either leave me a comment or email me and I will try to respond to you as soon as I can.
Thanks fellow foodies, hope you eat something yummy today and enjoy the fact that you didn't spend lots of money at a high end restaurant!

Enjoy! I love to hear from you all!

Rebecca Turrigiano

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails