Tuesday

Rosemary Infused Marinara Sauce

I start a new class today and am making a Marinara and also a Bolognese Sauce with my students and realized that I didn't have them on their own on the web site!
SO here is a wonderful simple recipe for Marinara sauce in which I threw in some fresh rosemary sprigs from our garden... perfect for an easy quick meal!

 Ingredients

2 medium cans of diced tomatoes
1 small can of tomato paste
1 onion finely diced
5 cloves of minced garlic
3 fresh spriggs of rosemary
olive oil
Italian seasoning
1/2 cup red wine (what ever you would drink, preferable a dry red, not sweet)
Sea Salt
Fresh cracked pepper
 fresh or dried basil
Shredded Parmesan Cheese

Prepare

*In a medium sized pot add a splash of olive oil and dab of butter... add your onion and garlic, cook until soft over medium heat
* Add your diced tomatoes and tomato paste, stir
* Add your wine and stir
* Add your fresh rosemary, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper
* Turn heat down to simmer and cook until the Pasta is ready

No comments:

Serving sizes and this sight.....

As many of you have come to realize, I am usually making huge amounts of food and alot of times for more than just my family. However, I would be horrified to think that someone who was living alone, or with only a couple people in their home would feel discouraged about this..
Simply use division for most of these recipes if they are too big. With the exception of baking, which requires a fair amount of science, these recipes can be adjusted and modified with ease! And if you feel stuck, either leave me a comment or email me and I will try to respond to you as soon as I can.
Thanks fellow foodies, hope you eat something yummy today and enjoy the fact that you didn't spend lots of money at a high end restaurant!

Enjoy! I love to hear from you all!

Rebecca Turrigiano

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails